Your Home & CURB APPEAL
Curb appeal is the attractiveness of the exterior of a residential or commercial property as viewed from the street. When selling your home, curb appeal is crucially important as it is ultimately a prospective buyer's first impression of the property. Your goal when a prospective buyer steps on your property to say "WOW!" and to set the tone of excitement for the remainder of the tour. Believe it or not, curb appeal can make or break a sale. They often say when meeting a new person first impressions are so important, well the same is true for buying homes. Starting the buyer off on a good note can allow them to have a much more open mind as they make their way through your home.
The correlation of curb appeal and timing is also very important. Winter is often not the best time to create your desired curb appeal feel as what was once alive is now frozen and dead, that being said, a fresh dusting of white snow and the bright lights of the Holidays could create a cozy appeal but Mother Nature rarely works on our schedules. Curb appeal can attribute to one of the reasons the Spring Real Estate Market is usually bumping, this is especially true in Kamloops. Kamloops is absolutely beautiful in the Spring, everything is green, the sun is shining and the air smells floral and fresh. I am not much of a Winter fan so once Spring hits I feel like a bear making my way out of hibernation. WE LOVE KAMLOOPS IN THE SPRING!
Here are a few easy steps that can be taken to help enhance your home's curb appeal:
1. Water and fertilize your lawn
2. Add some flowers for a pop of colour. Whether you have large garden beds or individual pots flowers make a happy home.
3. Having a backyard garden. Whether we have one or not, everyone wants to have a green thumb. There is something special about being able to grow your own food and it provides prospective buyers inspiration to do it too.
4. Decorate your space. Whether its string lights, fire pits or pergolas; it is important to create an inviting space where people will desire to be.
5. Whether you're thinking about selling or you're in your forever home....take pride in your Empire.